Dienstag, 8. September 2009

Going North!

After staying a good week @ my host-family`s place it got a bit boring.
You can`t really do much stuff there. It`s kind of a countryside.
You get around almost only by car. You could ride a bike (as I did everyday in my exchange-time). This time I rode it only one time...as I got home I was so "sweat-through"...wasn`t so much fun. (therefore only the people who can`t use a car do it)

I was quite glad to finally go north.

Because I`m on a "low budget" tour, I`m trying to use always the cheapest way to get round... But my Granddad said that I should take the ferry up to Hokkaido (northern island).
The ferry would cost the double of what I would have payed w/ the train (w/ one night-stop on the way) - ferry:~80Euro, train (in two days):~40Euro.
He said it would be a very good experience, especially because I did not drive w/ a ferry so far & because there are (almost) no ferries in Germany.
Therefore he said he would pay it!
WOW. nice one! like that!^^

So I took the ferry to Hokkaido on the 28.07 @ night (around 0:30am ... actually 29.07)



the content of my backpack before going



let`s go~

Photobucket



interior of my room



& my sleeping place



chilling on deck as we were leaving







a good night beer (as you can see from the Sapporo brewery - the place where I`m going ;p)



good morning!





somewhere over there is China...at least it should be there ^^





lunch - on the left a home-made Onigiri & on the right a bought Shrimp-Tempura-Maki



& now a chronological history of eating an Onigiri :D







^^





nice evening...



arrived around ~9:20pm in Otaru (about one hour drive from Sapporo)

-> 21h on the ferry, around ~1500km

& it was actually a quite pleasant way to travel (especially if I think about my train-travels), you can walk around freely, don`t worrying about changes,etc...

more to come...


(We - 28.07~ Th - 29.07)

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

dein super-ordentliches Bett im Hostel kann locker mit der Bundeswehrordnung konkurieren
Pa

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hallo.
Ich mochte mit Ihrer Website the-esp-roxjapantour.blogspot.com Links tauschen